Obsolete and unsupported links have been disabled and are highlighted like this.
2007-03-27 — Buddhism in Sri Lanka:
- Buddhism in Sri Lanka: A Short History, by H.R. Perera (Buddhist Publication Society Wheel Publication No. 100 a/b/c; 1988; 169k/45pp.)
- A sketch of the history of Buddhism in Sri Lanka, from its introduction to the island in 250 BCE until the 1980's.
2007-03-08 — On not-self (anatta):
- On the No-self Characteristic: The Anatta-lakkhana Sutta, by N.K.G. Mendis (Buddhist Publication Society Wheel Publication No. 268; 1979; 31k/9pp.)
- A helpful overview and introduction to the Buddha's second discourse, in which the Buddha first expounds the pivotal idea of not-self (anatta). This sutta also illustrates the Buddha's consummate skill as teacher: by the end of the discourse, all those in the audience become arahants.
2007-02-18 — Suttas from the Samyutta Nikaya
- Samyutta Nikaya: An Anthology (Part II)
by Bhikkhu Ñanananda (Buddhist Publication Society Wheel Publication No. 183-185; 1983; 218k/61pp.)
- An anthology of 27 important suttas from the Samyutta Nikaya, accompanied by detailed annotation and commentary. This is the second in the Buddhist Publication Society's three-part series of Samyutta anthologies published as Wheels.