Obsolete and unsupported links have been disabled and are highlighted like this.
- [31 Oct 96] New Index — There's now a separate Index of individual Suttas
- [29 Oct 06] Verses from the Theragatha and Therigatha — A selection of lovely verses from the "Verses of the Elder Monks and Nuns" in the Khuddaka Nikaya is now available.
- [27 Oct 96] New feature — I've set up a Community Bulletin Board
, where I'll post announcements that may be of interest to visitors here. If you have announcements you'd like to post here, just let me know.
- [26 Oct 96] New book — The Wings to Awakening: An Anthology from the Pali Canon, by Thanissaro Bhikkhu
- [26 Oct 96] Sutta added — The Discourse to Visakha on the Uposatha with the Eight Practices (The Buddha explains to Visakha, a laywoman, the benefits of observing uposatha days.)
- [25 Oct 96] New essays by Bhikkhu Bodhi: Walking Even Amidst the Uneven (BPS Newsletter, 2nd mailing 1996)
Meeting the Divine Messengers (BPS Newsletter, 1st mailing 1996)
- [24 Oct 96] I've filled in some of the major gaps in the Pali canon pages, and put a link to those pages right on the home page.
- [23 Oct 96] Reorganization underway — I'm in the process of making some systematic changes throughout this website — hundreds of small (and mostly invisible) changes that I hope will add up to a simpler, clearer organization of things. There may be a few snags over the next few days (bad links, etc.) as I iron out the bugs, so please be patient. If you find any bugs, please let me know.
- [21 Oct 96] New hypertext book — The Dhammapada (BPS edition, translated by Acharya Buddharakkhita) is now online.
- [13 Oct 96] The Buddhist Monastic Code is back in print! Copies of the revised 1996 edition are available upon request from the author.
- [13 Oct 96] New links added:
- [3 Oct 96] New link added — Vipassana Metta on Maui — Vipassana Metta Foundation
- [3 Oct 96] I've changed the home page, to clarify the main divisions of Access to Insight's offerings. Thanks, Dorothea Bowen, for your valuable suggestions.