Obsolete and unsupported links have been disabled and are highlighted like this.
[9 March 1999] From the Samyutta Nikaya:
[8 March 1999] From the Samyutta Nikaya:
[7 March 1999] From the Samyutta Nikaya:
- Kassaka Sutta (SN 4.19) — The Farmer. Mara proclaims his dominion over the sensory world, but the Buddha explains that he (Buddha) dwells in the one place that Mara can never go.
- Rajja Sutta (SN 4.20) — Rulership. Mara, seeing that the Buddha has developed the four bases of power (iddhipada), tries to persuade him to give up the monk's life and become a righteous and powerful world ruler.
- Akkosa Sutta (SN 7.2) — Insult. What is the best response when someone is angry with you? Hint: if a host offers some food to a guest, but the guest declines the offer, to whom does the food belong?
[6 March 1999] From the Samyutta Nikaya:
[4 March 1999] From the Samyutta Nikaya:
- [2 March 1999] Dhammapada now indexed To help you locate specific passages in the Dhammapada, entries for this text are now included in the General Index, Index of Proper Names and Index of Similes.
- [2 March 1999] Updating your copy of A Handful of Leaves I'm working on a system whereby you can keep your hard disk version of the Handful of Leaves CD-ROM more or less up-to-date with the Access to Insight website. It's still experimental, and I welcome your feedback about it. For details, see "Updating your copy of A Handful of Leaves"